Good lighting is essential in the kitchen. Here, people not only cook, but also eat, read, and often work. That's why it's important that they find the right lighting for their kitchen.
KITCHEN LAMPS: WHAT MATTERS
Good kitchen lighting not only provides functional light in any kitchen, but also creates a pleasant atmosphere. This serves to ensure safety when cooking, when cutting up ingredients and is also an integral part of the lighting concept of the entire house or apartment. So, let's take a look at what makes good lighting in the kitchen.
When choosing the right kitchen lighting and individual kitchen lamps, you should consider the following points:
- Make sure that the kitchen and all work areas are evenly illuminated, including the worktop, stove, sink and refrigerator. A kitchen lamp on the ceiling is therefore usually not enough.
- At the same time, kitchen lighting should be decorative and provide a suitable work light. This ensures safety when working in the kitchen.
- Combine different light colours for the different kitchen lamps for harmonious overall lighting.
WHAT KITCHEN LAMPS ARE THERE?
Depending on your personal taste and the desired design of the kitchen, different kitchen lamps are used:
- Ceiling spotlights and ceiling lights are suitable for good basic lighting but can also illuminate specific areas such as the worktop.
- Wall lights can be a good addition to the lighting concept in the kitchen. Through indirect lighting, wall lights create a pleasant atmosphere.
- Recessed lights and LED spotlights can be flexibly placed in suspended ceilings and cavity ceilings to ensure balanced illumination of the kitchen.
- Under-cabinet lights are ideal for placing on the underside of a shelf or cupboard above the worktop, for example, and providing the right lighting there.
- Pendant lamps and lights are available in various styles and designs. Depending on personal taste, for example, a country-style pendant lamp can be used to illuminate the dining table or dining area in the kitchen.
- Lamps with a fan can complement the lighting concept in the kitchen and provide a pleasant draught.
- LED strips are particularly flexible and easy to clean. They are ideal for illuminating work surfaces. Some models offer a colour change function or can be controlled by voice.
COLOUR TEMPERATURE OF KITCHEN LAMPS
Different colour temperatures or light colours should be selected for the individual kitchen lamps:
Basic lighting: warm white light (2,700 to 3,300 Kelvin)
Workspaces such as worktops: neutral white or universal white light (3,300 to 5,300 Kelvin)
Dining table and dining area: here the light can be a little warmer.
The light temperature of the individual kitchen lamps should be coordinated with each other so that too large and disturbing differences are avoided.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT BULBS
Traditional halogen light bulbs are no longer allowed in the EU. There are different options among the energy-efficient lamps. This is because these lamps are long-lasting, consume little energy, can sometimes be dimmed without any setting, and can sometimes even change colour.
When choosing white LED lights, pay attention to the temperature of the paint. There is warm white light, which is very cosy, and cool white light, which is good for concentrated work and thus for illuminating work surfaces, for example. And finally, there is neutral white light, which is a mixture of both shades. Depending on what you need the appropriate lamp for, you should choose the appropriate colour temperature.
TARGETED LIGHTING IN KITCHENS
Targeted lighting to set the scene for certain elements in the kitchen has also become established. Use spotlights to illuminate a kitchen island or kitchen bar. Of course, such lamps can also be used to attractively accentuate decorative wall surfaces within the kitchen.
KITCHEN LIGHTS ACCORDING TO YOUR WISHES
There is plenty of room for creative lighting in the kitchen. The combination of different types of lighting creates impressive areas of light. The use of energy-saving light sources and smart lighting systems offer many opportunities to express individuality in the kitchen.
In our shop you will find a wide range of kitchen lamps that will exactly fit your needs. We pay attention to the highest quality of our items in our assortment.